3 Habits of Successful Off-Price Sellers
Off-price business can be really stressful at times. It is very fast-paced and energy -consuming, involving hours of deal negotiations on a daily basis. How to cope with all the workload while preserving positive spirit and productivity? Below are the 3 habits we’ve found in common among successful off-price entrepreneurs.
- Read Books
It is not a coincidence that the most successful businessmen read dozens of books per year and spend no time on social media. The secret is simple: reading opens up new ideas and ways to deal with various situations while scrolling through the Facebook feed can only show how someone is spending his/her vacation.
According to Pew Research, an average American reads nearly 4 books a year. Bill Gates, one of the richest persons on Earth, for comparison, reads at least 50 per year, or1 per week. In his own words, “Every book teaches me something new or helps me see things differently. Reading fuels a sense of curiosity about the world, which I think helped drive me forward in my career.”
Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and other billionaires further prove that the habit of reading is central to becoming a successful entrepreneur. It develops the ability to see different perspectives, stirs the imagination and provides a good source of citations to deliver powerful speeches.
- Respect Your Body
While one can always go extra mile to secure more off-price deals, money will never buy health. Moreover, stress is one of the major reasons for various diseases. Therefore, it is crucial to respect your own body, if you want to stay in good humour and be productive. The rules to follow are:
- wake up and go to bed at the same time – this helps reach the best energy levels;
- exercise – any intense physical activity produces endorphins and thus releases stress;
- take a hot-cold shower – switching water temperatures has proved to give a long-lasting boost to the immune system and ability to stay focused for a long time;
- drink a lot of water – dehydration is the main reason we feel tired; a glass of water is the fastest way to cheer up;
- get out to nature – feeling the connection to the environment has a healing effect on our mind.
- Choose the Right People
People are the key to the success of any company. While an entrepreneur comes up with an idea and inspires the others, his team is responsible for actually bringing this project to life. Therefore, it is crucial, at any stage of business development, to choose the right people. At work and beyond. Below are some hints that will help you understand that you are surrounded by the right persons:
- they believe in you and show their willingness to be next to you through sick and thick
- you can reveal your secrets and feel natural fooling around without feeling any pressure
- they teach you something you would never learn elsewhere
Staying healthy and productive takes some effort, but it really pays off.
We wish you to find the balance and reach success in your business affairs!